HomeMemberlistPet ShopRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zelexion
Forum Volunteer
Forum Volunteer
avatar

UT : The Sword of Hope
Posts : 210

PostSubject: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Earlier on today (11/3/11) a earthquake with a magnitude of 8.9 struck Japan (6th largest recorded). Pretty soon afterwards, a Tsunami 10 metres high followed 200-300 bodies have been found and more are missing. With the earthquake and tsunami, a Whirlpool was spotted near where the earthquake started. Along with those natural disasters, a Nuclear Power Plant's cooling systems have failed and it might go into meltdown. The tsunami, at the time of writing this, has just struck Hawaii on the 6 hour line. Waves are expected to reach the USA west coast in Oregon, Seattle and residents have been advised to leave their homes by 19:00 (7pm) local time. A oil refinery has gone up in flames and buildings have been swept off the ground by these waves that travel at the speed of a Jumbo Jet (500 mp/h)

What worries me most is my brother is going to Japan for a year around summer-time and something like this could happen again.

Let's hope the Japs are okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aether
Forum Volunteer
Forum Volunteer
avatar

UT : adm1n1str4t0ar!1!!
Posts : 609

PostSubject: Re: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:42 pm

OMG, I WAS ABOUT TO POST THIS

Also:

Probably a tsunami in British Columbia, Canada and Hawaii. 2 of mai classmates are at Hawaii. o.O
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jiggmin.com/forum/member.php?u=3034 http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?u=3034 http://saprox.deviantart.com/
Lucas
Head Admin
Head Admin
avatar

UT : King BlueBird
Posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:12 pm

I knew this was going to be posted! I also heard there are alerts being given in California and most of the Pacific Coast for Tsunamis.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aether
Forum Volunteer
Forum Volunteer
avatar

UT : adm1n1str4t0ar!1!!
Posts : 609

PostSubject: Re: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Excaliburn wrote:
Earlier on today (11/3/11) a earthquake with a magnitude of 8.9 struck Japan (6th largest recorded). Pretty soon afterwards, a Tsunami 10 metres high followed 200-300 bodies have been found and more are missing. With the earthquake and tsunami, a Whirlpool was spotted near where the earthquake started. Along with those natural disasters, a Nuclear Power Plant's cooling systems have failed and it might go into meltdown. The tsunami, at the time of writing this, has just struck Hawaii on the 6 hour line. Waves are expected to reach the USA west coast in Oregon, Seattle and residents have been advised to leave their homes by 19:00 (7pm) local time. A oil refinery has gone up in flames and buildings have been swept off the ground by these waves that travel at the speed of a Jumbo Jet (500 mp/h)

What worries me most is my brother is going to Japan for a year around summer-time and something like this could happen again.

Let's hope the Japs are okay.

Lol'd @ Japs xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jiggmin.com/forum/member.php?u=3034 http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?u=3034 http://saprox.deviantart.com/
Zelexion
Forum Volunteer
Forum Volunteer
avatar

UT : The Sword of Hope
Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 am

Lucas wrote:
I knew this was going to be posted! I also heard there are alerts being given in California and most of the Pacific Coast for Tsunamis.

Well, it is a major event. Oh and there have been leaks from the NPP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aether
Forum Volunteer
Forum Volunteer
avatar

UT : adm1n1str4t0ar!1!!
Posts : 609

PostSubject: Re: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:31 am

Excaliburn wrote:
Lucas wrote:
I knew this was going to be posted! I also heard there are alerts being given in California and most of the Pacific Coast for Tsunamis.

Well, it is a major event. Oh and there have been leaks from the NPP.

Don't forget the explosion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jiggmin.com/forum/member.php?u=3034 http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?u=3034 http://saprox.deviantart.com/
Aether
Forum Volunteer
Forum Volunteer
avatar

UT : adm1n1str4t0ar!1!!
Posts : 609

PostSubject: Re: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:02 pm

My 2 friends survived the tsunami in Hawaii. One was on the top floor of his hotel and one got hit by the tsunami. I saw them wearing t-shirts that said:


I SURVIVED THE TSUNAMI

Hawaii Tsunami
11/3/11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jiggmin.com/forum/member.php?u=3034 http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?u=3034 http://saprox.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.   

Back to top Go down
 
Japanese 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 2011 Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan
» Earthquake and Tsunami Alert in New Zealand
» Japanese Lesson anyone ????
» Japanese clubs
» Japanese Vans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main :: Spud Discussion-
Jump to: